Programs for epilepsy
- Outpatient visits.
- Clinical Trials Unit, with current cannabidiol trial.
- One-week hospitalization for full epileptic diagnosis: for our patients with epilepsy who are resistant to drugs, with or without other neurological problems. This one-week analysis establishes an epilepsy diagnosis, locates centres of epilepsy, and helps to select the best option for treatment. We complete a full clinical study, prolonged video-EEG monitoring, MRI, ESI, pharmacogenomics and other laboratory studies. Children are sedated for neuroimaging.
- One-week hospitalization for preoperative presentations with the implanting of deep intracerebral electros, cerebral PET with MRI fusion and a neuropsychological study. If necessary, epilepsy surgery is practiced after this hospitalization, usually the following week.
- One-week hospitalization for the neurostimulation study and extended cardiac monitoring. If necessary, a neurostimulation device is implanted after this hospitalization, usually the following week.
- One-week hospitalization of paediatric patients to begin ketogenic diet or ACTH treatment, both with VEEG monitoring.
- Special programs adapted for rare paediatric epileptic syndromes: Dravet syndrome, tuberous sclerosis complex, and other epileptic encephalopathies.
- Ketogenic diet.
- Treatment using corticosteroids, treatment regimen for children with West syndrome