Prof. Dr. Raimon Miralbell
- Chairman of the of the radiation oncology department, Institut Oncològic Teknon, Barcelona, Spain (since 1999).
- Contributor for the European Scientific Institute (ESI) attached to the Centre Européen de Recherche Nucléaire (CERN) in several training and research projects in the field of new technologies in Radiation Therapy (since 1992).
- Chairman of the radiation oncology department, HUG, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Professor at the University of Geneva Medical School (since 2007)
- Internship and Residency training in Radiation Oncology at the University Hospital of Sant Pau, Barcelona (1979- 1984).
- Additional training at the Radiation Therapy Department at the Royal Marsden Hospital in Sutton-Surrey, UK (1983).
- Internship at the Radiation Oncology Department of City of Hope National Medical Center in Duarte-California, US (1985).
- Senior resident and clinical/research fellow at the Radiation Medicine Department, Harvard Cyclotron (1987-1989).
- Thesis: "Fibromatoses: D'une surveillance postchirurgicale à l'association de chirurgie et radiothérapie". Thesis # 9902. 1997. Academic degree of "Docteur en Médecine" (University of Geneva).
- Thesis: "Potential role of proton beam therapy in pediatric brain tumors", 1996. Academic degree of "Privat Docent" (University of Geneva)
Main research domain
- Imaging for radiotherapy treatment planning
- Treatment precision optimization through image guided radiotherapy
- Tracing of the biochemical relapse after curative surgery or radiotherapy
- Prognostic value of hypoxic markers (pathological and imaging)
- Quality of life studies in fragile patients on androgen deprivation
- Biological modeling for salvage radiotherapy after post-irradiation local failure
- Fractionation sensitivity with high-dose fractions
- Epidemiology of locally advanced prostate cancer and treatment in the elderly