Dr. Jaume Capdevila
Dr. Joan Carles Galceran
- Dr. Joan Carles Galceran graduated in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Barcelona in 1987.
- Ph.D., with cum laude, in 1992 from the Autonomous University of Barcelona. Performed his residency in Medical Oncology at the Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol in Badalona.
- He completed his studies by obtaining the European Certificate in Medical Oncology in Vienna in November 1996.
- After completing residency, he joined the Medical Oncology Service of the Hospital de Terrassa (from June 1991 to April 1992).
- He later joined the Medical Oncology Service of the Hospital del Mar in Barcelona until September 2008.
- From this date he joined the Department of Oncology, Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron as Unit Coordinator genitourinary, central nervous system, sarcomas and Origin unknown.
- Dr. Joan Carles Galceran is co-founder and secretary of the Spanish Group of Tumors Treatment Genito-Urinary (SOGUG), member of the Spanish Group of Head and Neck Tumors (CTT) and the Spanish Group for Sarcoma Research (GEIS).
- He is also Associate Professor of Medicine at the Autonomous University of Barcelona since 1995 and head of the Medical Oncology elective.
- Dr. Joan Carles has published more than 70 refereed articles and over 100 conference papers and book chapters.
- His areas of interest are clinical oncology genitourinary sarcomas and early clinical and translational research in the field of genetic polymorphisms and angiogenesis, among others, as targets in cancer therapy.
- Directs national multicenter trials of new drugs in the treatment of prostate cancer, kidney and bladder.
- Member of the American Association of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- European Association for Medical Oncology (ESMO).
- Spanish Society of Medical Oncology (SEOM).
- Participates as an expert advisor in the preparation and development of CatSalut Oncoguies of the Generalitat de Catalunya.
Dr. Eugeni Saigí
- Dr. Eugeni Saigí Grau graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Barcelona in 1980. He completed his specialization in Medical Oncology as a resident physician at the Hospital Vall d'Hebron in Barcelona from 1981-1985.
- After completing his residency, he was responsible for Medical Oncology Unit at Granollers General Hospital until 1989. Later, he joined the Hospital de Sabadell (Institut Universitari Parc Taulí), where he is currently the Director of Medical Oncology.
- It is part of the Advisory Group Oncology Master Plan of Catalonia.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Medical Oncology (SEOM) Cooperative Group chairman ACROSS (Catalan Association for Cancer Research and its Social and Health) for the development of clinical trials in oncology. Member of the Spanish Group for the Study of Breast Cancer (GEICAM) Collaborates with the Cooperative Group for the Treatment of Digestive Tumors (TTD).
- He has participated as coordinator and principal investigator in numerous clinical studies both nationally and internationally, with special attention to breast cancer and gastrointestinal tumors. He has published more than 70 articles, national and international scientific papers and book chapters. He is a member of the Editorial Committee of the Journal of Oncology in 1999.
Dr. Paula Cerdà
Dr. Isaac Núñez
Dr. Jaume Pujadas Olano
Dr. Marta Suárez
- Dr. Marta Suarez graduated in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Zaragoza in 1997 with a rating of outstanding.
- She performed her residency in Medical Oncology at the Hospital del Mar in Barcelona.
- After completing residency, she joined the Medical Oncology Service of Hospital del Mar (from 2003 to 2005).
- Her work is focused on patients affected by breast cancer undergoing neo-adjuvant treatment to surgery.
- During this period presented and collaborated on several publications and abstracts on breast and prostate cancer.
- She was also a member of the Breast Cancer Cancer and participated as co-investigator in several clinical trials.
- She has also worked in the field of gynecological and gastrointestinal tumors, and in the care of hospitalized patients and oncologic emergencies.
- Her main area of interest is gynecological oncology, specialized in breast cancer.
Prof. Dr. Emili Montserrat
Professor Dr. Emili Montserrat is Professor of Medicine at the University of Barcelona and Director of the Institute of Hematology and Oncology at the Hospital Clínic.
In addition to training and experience in different hospitals in France and England, he was also a visiting professor at the University of San Diego, California. He is a founding member of the International Workshop on Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (IWCLL) and of the European Hematology Association, of which he was at one time president. He is a member of the most important hematological and oncological societies, such as the European Society of Medical Oncology, the American Society of Oncology and the American Society of Hematology and currently is also a member of the International Advisory Board to this latter institution. Furthermore, he is a professor at the European School of Hematology and the European School of Oncology. According to independent sources (International Citation Index, Utrecht University). Prof. Dr. Emili Montserrat is one of the most prestigious specialists worldwide in leukemia and lymphoma, and one of the most cited and renowned Spanish physicians. Likewise he has acted as consultant to the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology on subjects concerning biomedicine. He is also an expert on leukemias and lymphomas for theWorld Health Organization (WHO), as well as serving in an expert capacity for different institutions such as the Fondo deInvestigaciones Sanitarias (Spain), the French Cancer Institute (France), the Instituto Nationale dil Cancro (Italy), the Medical Research Council (United Kingdom), the CLL Global Foundation (USA) and the Lymphoma Research Foundation (USA). He has been awarded distinctions and recognition for his scientific work, such as the Severo Ochoa Prize, the Lilly Foundation Award for Clinical Medicine, the Emiram Eldor Medal (Israel) as well as the recognition of Distinguished Researcher from the University of Barcelona.
Dr. Francesc Cobo
Prof. Dr. Raimon Miralbell
- Chairman of the of the radiation oncology department, Institut Oncològic Teknon, Barcelona, Spain (since 1999).
- Contributor for the European Scientific Institute (ESI) attached to the Centre Européen de Recherche Nucléaire (CERN) in several training and research projects in the field of new technologies in Radiation Therapy (since 1992).
- Chairman of the radiation oncology department, HUG, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Professor at the University of Geneva Medical School (since 2007)
- Internship and Residency training in Radiation Oncology at the University Hospital of Sant Pau, Barcelona (1979- 1984).
- Additional training at the Radiation Therapy Department at the Royal Marsden Hospital in Sutton-Surrey, UK (1983).
- Internship at the Radiation Oncology Department of City of Hope National Medical Center in Duarte-California, US (1985).
- Senior resident and clinical/research fellow at the Radiation Medicine Department, Harvard Cyclotron (1987-1989).
- Thesis: "Fibromatoses: D'une surveillance postchirurgicale à l'association de chirurgie et radiothérapie". Thesis # 9902. 1997. Academic degree of "Docteur en Médecine" (University of Geneva).
- Thesis: "Potential role of proton beam therapy in pediatric brain tumors", 1996. Academic degree of "Privat Docent" (University of Geneva)
Main research domain
- Imaging for radiotherapy treatment planning
- Treatment precision optimization through image guided radiotherapy
- Tracing of the biochemical relapse after curative surgery or radiotherapy
- Prognostic value of hypoxic markers (pathological and imaging)
- Quality of life studies in fragile patients on androgen deprivation
- Biological modeling for salvage radiotherapy after post-irradiation local failure
- Fractionation sensitivity with high-dose fractions
- Epidemiology of locally advanced prostate cancer and treatment in the elderly
Dr. Sandra Jorcano
Dr. José Ignacio Toscas
Dr. Salvador Villà
- Consultant for Neuro-oncology and Radiosurgery at the Department of Radiation Oncology of CM Teknon, Barcelona.
- Coordinator on Clinical Trials and Neuro-Oncology at the Department of Radiation Oncology, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias I Pujol, Badalona.
- Supervisor of Junior Residents, Radiation Oncology, Hospitalet, Bellvitge (1988-2007).
- Director of Teaching Pre Doctoral Degree Courses in Neuro-oncology. University of Barcelona. (1996- 2004).
- Lecturer for several Pre Doctoral Degree Courses in Free University of Barcelona.
- Director of Teaching Pre Doctoral Course in Neuro-Oncology. University of ULBRA. Brazil (2001).
- Teaching courses for the Spanish Radiation Oncology Society., the Catalan Oncology Society and for the European School of Oncology.
- Associate Professor of Clinical Oncology. University of Barcelona. Campus of Bellvitge (since 2009).
- Tutor of Residents, Radiation Oncology . Germans Trias Hospital (since 2010).
- Member of Educational Commission. Germans Trias Hospital (since 2012).
- Graduate on Medicine at Universitat de Barcelona (1982).
- Doctoral Thesis. Universitat de Barcelona (1990).
- Training in Radiation Oncology. CSU Bellvitge and Sant Pau Hospitals. Barcelona (1984-1987).
- Specialist in Clinical Oncology, area of Radiation Oncology (1987).
- EORTC Radiation Oncology Group.
- Foundation member of AERO/SEOR (Spanish Society of Radiation Oncology).
- Foundation member of Barcelona Glioma Group (GEGB).
- Catalan-French Group of Oncology (GOCO) .
- Radiosurgery Institute of Barcelona.
- Spanish Society of Radiosurgery (SER).
- Grupo Español de Investigación en Neuro-Oncología (GEINO).
- Societé International de l'Oncologie Geriatrique (SIOG).
- French (school basis)
- English (medium).
Posters and oral presentations
- More than 200 national and international posters and presentations
Lectures/panels and publications
- More than 100 national and internationals lectures
- Invited to 6 internationals meetings as speaker
- Published 25 chapters in books
Special areas of interest
- Neuro-oncology, radiosurgery, extracranial stereo tactic radiotherapy, IMRT and IGRT, uro-oncology, concomitant radio-chemotherapy.
Dr. Lluís Escudé
Dr. Dolors Linero
Dr. Cristina Hostalot
Dr. Concha León