Neurosurgery specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the nervous system and spinal cord. Centro Médico Teknon has a team of neurosurgeons who specialize in specific pathologies and work together to offer the patient a comprehensive service and treatment.
In order to provide maximum patient care, the specialty of neurosurgery is related to different units, such as Neurology, Neurophysiology, Oncology, Psychiatry, Radiology, Rehabilitation, Pain Management, Trauma and the Intensive Care Unit.
Centro Médico Teknon and its team of neurosurgeons have an emergency service for the urgent care of neurosurgical patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The treatments and techniques offered by this specialty are:
- Pathology of the spine: herniated disk and other neurological disorders
- Brain tumours
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Congenital malformations and hydrocephalus
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and other nerve treatments
- Tumours and lesions of the peripheral nerves
- Craneo-encephalic and vertebro-medullary injuries
- Fluorescence-guided surgery for brain tumour
- Minimally invasive neurosurgery
- Surgery for epilepsy and Parkinson's
- Skull base surgery
- Cervical, thoracic and lumbar discectomy
- Endoscopic discectomy with Laser
- Cranial and spinal endoscopy
- Cerebral mapping
- Cervical and lumbar microdiscectomy
- Cervical disc prosthesis
- Neurosurgical treatment of pain