General adult surgery
The Centro Médico Teknon has several general surgical teams of recognized prestige and wide experience which, in collaboration and with the support of the clinic's Central Services (ICU, radiology, laboratory, endoscopy, etc.), makes it possible to carry out procedures from an outpatient basis, to more complex surgeries covering endocrine, gastrointestinal, and oncological diseases and bloodless surgery.
The Centro Médico Teknon surgeons work closely with other specialists on site to ensure the best pre-and postoperative management of patients.
The operating rooms of the clinic are equipped with the latest technological advances in diagnostic and surgical equipment.
Minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopy): your surgeon will recommend laparoscopic surgery for a large number of pathologies. In laparoscopic surgery, the surgeon makes small incisions for the introduction of a camera and surgical instruments. The advantages of minimally invasive surgery are: less blood loss, less postoperative pain, smaller scars and a faster recovery and resumption of normal activity.
The Centro Médico Teknon surgeons have special expertise in endocrine, breast, hepato-biliary-pancreatic surgery, cancer surgery, colorectal disease and obesity surgery.
Conditions treated include the following:
- Oesophago-gastric pathology:
- Oesophageal cancer, diverticula, achalasia, gastro-oesophageal reflux
- Stomach cancer, ulcers
- Bariatric surgery (obesity): Laparoscopic gastric bypass, gastric sleeve
- Primary tumours and metastases
- Intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma
- Benign tumours and cysts
- Gall-Bladder / Bile duct:
- Cholelithiasis (gallstones)
- Benign stenosis
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Cystic tumours of the pancreas
- Spleen: Splenectomy
- Small Intestine: malignant tumours, fistulas, diverticula
- Colon and rectum:
- Colorectal cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease: ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease.
- Abdomen and abdominal wall:
- Retroperitoneal tumours
- Hernias, eventrations
- Supra-adrenal glands
- Breast: cancer and benign disease
- Fistula o Incontinence