Oncology Day Hospital
Essential department in Centro Médico Teknon integrated within the Teknon Oncology Institute (IOT)
The Oncology Day Hospital is an essential department in Centro Médico Teknon integrated within the Teknon Oncology Institute (IOT). It is composed of a team of medical specialists and a nursing staff highly trained within the field of chemotherapy and outpatient treatment intended for oncology patients.
The Day Hospital is located next to the Oncology Pharmacy Department, exclusively devoted to the preparation of cytostatics for the application thereof to the chemotherapy treatment.
Oncology Day Hospital specifications:
- 10 individual units for the administration of chemotherapy treatments and other support techniques
- Oncology pharmacy devoted to the preparation of cytostatics
- Nursing staff specialized in the preparation and administration of chemotherapy
- Own unit for blood drawing procedures providing immediate results prior to the chemotherapy treatment
- Teaching areas available to cancer patients about the impact of the treatment as well as possible strategies that may help them