Accredited Gynaecologists in the Assisted Reproduction Unit
Dr. Jaime Bachs
Dr. Elena Castellanos
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Valladolid, 1984-1990. International Programme of the International Federation of Medical Students with practical training in the USA, Italy, Holland, France, Sweden, Yugoslavia, Turkey and Nigeria.
- Specialisation in Internal Medicine at the Cook County Hospital in Chicago, USA, 1991-1993
- Specialisation in Obstetrics and Gynaecology through Medical Residence Training at Hospital del Mar in Barcelona, 1994-1998
- Master's on "Women's Biopathology and Preventive Gynaecology", Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, 1995-1997
- Doctorate in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, 1996-2000. Doctoral Thesis presented 2001
- Teaching experience as a lecturer on different Master's and Postgraduate courses, as well as in health programmes
- Areas of Research in Human Reproduction: Effects and Treatment of Smoking in Relation to Fertility and Pregnancy; Effect of Pesticides and Xeno-oestrogens on Human Fertility. USA.
Dr. Elena Coloma
- Degree in Medicine from the University of Barcelona, 1982-1988
- Specialisation in Obstetrics and Gynaecology through Medical Residence Training at Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, 1992
- Master's on "Women's Biopathology and Preventive Gynaecology", Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, 1993-1995
- Doctorate in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, 1994-1996.
- Several courses on obstetrics and gynaecological 1996-1998
- Investigator in the study "Study of the Outcomes of Pregnancies and Newborns Achieved after Assisted Reproduction Techniques" Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona
Dr. Oriol Genover
Dr. Xavier Julve
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona (1980)
- Specialised in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Institut Universitari Dexeus in Barcelona (1986)
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Hôpital Universitaire Sain Luc, University of Leuven, Brussels (1987)
- Gynaecological Surgery using Nd-Yag Laser. Birmingham and Midland Hospital for Women. Birmingham (United Kingdom) (1989)
- General Surgery Department, Hospital Universitario Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona. Oncology Surgery. Sentinel Node: Surgical technique (1998)
- Centrum Reproduction Medicine, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels (2004)
Dr. Xavier Nadal
- Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Hospital de Sant Pau, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona
- Internships - Fellowships in USA
- GBMC Baltimore in 1988
- Women's Hospital Fertility Centre, 1994
- Cornell Medical Center, New York, 2001
- Co-founder of "Fundació Pro-Donació d'Ovuls" in Barcelona (1993)
- Founder of "Programa Dona-Dóna" for oocyte donation (1999)
Dr. Ignasi Segura
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the UAB (Unidad Docente Vall Hebrón, 1985).
- Specialist doctor (Medical Residence Training Speciality) at Hospital General de Granollers (1992).
- Level I and II ultrasound. Hospital de la Cruz Roja, Madrid (1991).
- Level III ultrasound. Dexeus (1998).
- MIR medical qualification, acquiring training in prenatal diagnosis and Level III obstetric ultrasound.
Dr. Montserrat Twose
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the Universidad Complutense, Madrid (1984)
- Residency in the Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department at the Dexeus University Institute (1986-1990)
- Training Certification in Obstetrics and Gynaecology Ultrasound, Level III, awarded by the Spanish Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Special dedication to infertility and In Vitro Fertilisation
Dr. Josep Miquel Viladoms
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona in 1978
- Specialist in Urologu awarded by Fundación Puigvert de Barcelona, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, 1982
- Training in Paediatric Urology at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia USA, 1987
- Training in Laparoscopic Urology at Washington University, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA, 1991
- Training in Uro-Andrological Microsurgery at the Cornell Medical Centre, New York University, New York, 1993 and 1995
- Introduction in Europe of the No-Scalpel Vasectomy technique. First course held in Barcelona, 1993
- World premiere conference presentation of the Andrology speciality of the No-Needle No-Scalpel Vasectomy technique, La Coruña, April 2005
- Introduction in Europe of the No-Needle No-Scalpel Vasectomy technique. At Centro Médico Teknon, 11th April 2005
Dr. Ana Busquets Bonet
Dr. Dolors Company
- Degree in Biology. Main speciality. Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona. (1982)
- Degree in Pharmacy. Analytical-Clinical Speciality. University of Barcelona. (1989)
- Certification by the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) Senior Clinical Embryologist. (2008)
- ASEBIR Certification as Assisted Human Reproduction Specialist. Clinical Embryology (2010)
- Different courses specializing in assisted reproductive techniques, such as additional training in the specialty.
- Member of Asociación para el Estudio de la Biología de la Reproducción (ASEBIR) and European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE).
- Areas of special interest: cryopreservationof gametes and embryos and micromanipulation techniques
- Languages: Spanish, Catalan, English and French
Dr. Raul Noblom Artigues
- Degree in Biology from Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, 2006
- Specialisation Master's degree in Human Reproduction. Institut Universitari Dexeus and Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, 2008
- Areas of special interest: Cryopreservation techniques, sperm preparation methods for ART, micromanipulation techniques.
Dr. Carlotta Zonza
- Degree in Biology. University of Cagliari. Italy (2004). Qualification approved by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports (Spain)
- Thesis on Human Genetics: "Deletion Syndrome" (22 g 11)
- Official Postgraduate Master's degree in Assisted Human Reproduction Biotechnology. University of Valencia (2006-2008)
- Member of Asociación para el Estudio de la Reproducción (ASEBIR) [Association for the Study of Reproduction], 2010. Col·legi de Biòlegs de Cataluny. Number: 21702-C
- Areas of special interest: Vitrification ofoocytes and embryos, blastocyst culture
- International Coordinator FIV
- Languages: Italian, Spanish, Catalan and English
Administrative Staff at the Assisted Reproduction Unit
Mª José Anegas
Nursing / Theatre Nurses